Community Clinic Water Project – Ghana
The Mafi-Dedukope Clinic serves as a cornerstone in the delivery of health services and the promotion of public health in the North Tongu District of the Volta Region. It effectively addresses the immediate healthcare needs of the local population, with a strong focus on maternal and child health, while ensuring broader access to healthcare.
Currently, the Mafi-Dedukope Clinic is facing an urgent situation. A significant population of over 1600 people from various neighboring villages rely on an unprotected pond as their primary source of water. This predicament poses a serious threat to the well-being of patients and severely hampers the delivery of quality health care. Contaminated water not only triggers various diseases but also increases the risk of healthcare-associated infections. The fundamental objective of this initiative is to establish a piped water system that is seamlessly connected to a nearby community water pipeline. This strategic intervention will provide the clinic with a reliable and uncontaminated source of water, which will clearly improve the quality of healthcare delivery.
- Enhance patient care and safety by ensuring access to clean and sanitized water.
- Minimize the time and effort spent fetching water, allowing medical staff to focus on providing quality healthcare services.
- Reduce the risk of waterborne diseases and related complications for patients and staff.
- Improve the overall well-being of the community by providing a sustainable solution for clean water.
Water Charity is taking substantial steps to tackle the pressing water and sanitation challenges faced by the Mafi-Dedukope Clinic. The organization is launching a project with the primary objective of installing a 24,000-liter tank. This sizeable tank is designed to store a substantial volume of clean and safe water, significantly boosting the clinic’s capacity to meet its water needs.
One of the pivotal aspects of this project is the establishment of a connection between the newly installed tank and the nearby community water pipeline. This linkage will guarantee a consistent and dependable water source for the clinic, which is vital for ensuring the delivery of high-quality healthcare services.
The installation process for this project will be executed by an experienced and proficient team of Child Survivor Aid Ghana. These experts bring a wealth of knowledge and skills to the table, ensuring that the installation is not only efficient but also complies with rigorous safety and quality standards. Their commitment to excellence is central to the success of this initiative, as it underscores Water Charity’s dedication to improving healthcare and public health in the North Tongu District of the Volta Region in Ghana.
Access to clean water can have numerous benefits for healthcare services and the community as a whole. These benefits include:
- Improved patient care: Clean water reduces the risk of healthcare-associated infections, thereby improving the quality of healthcare services and patient outcomes.
- Time and resource savings: Eliminating the need to fetch water from distant ponds saves significant time and effort for both medical staff and patients, allowing them to focus on their respective roles and responsibilities.
- Enhanced staff morale: Providing a reliable water source alleviates the stress and concerns faced by the clinic staff, particularly for their children who may be exposed to unsafe water sources.
- Community welfare: By ensuring access to safe water, this project will contribute to the welfare and health of the entire community in the long run.
Our water supply project at the Mafi-Dedukope Clinic is aimed at providing sustainable healthcare solutions to vulnerable individuals in rural areas. By securing a fundamental resource that underpins healthcare services, we seek to enhance the overall well-being of the community. This project represents our commitment to making a tangible impact on communities facing water and sanitation challenges. We believe that clean water and healthcare are integral to the prosperity of any community.
|Item||Qty||Unit Price GHC||Total GHC|
|Cost of connecting the water from Pipeline||1||6000||6000|
|Ply tank (Rambo 1200)||1||14055||28,110|
|25 mm pipe PE||8||750||6000|
|November 2023||Sourcing for Funding|
|Beginning of December 2023||Initiation of the Project|
|End of December 15th 2023||Completion of the Project|
|December 23 2023||Inspection of the Project|
|December 30 2023||Commission of the Project|
The funds for this program have been advanced by Water Charity. Your donation using this Donate button will ensure that we have funds available to accomplish this project. Kindly donate using the button below: